RAMADHAN RANTS–GOALS & HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT DURING RAMADHAN blahblah

One fine morning–specifically today after Sahur I was screaming in my small apartment, witnessed by my husband – "I'm back blogging!" and he seemed nonchalant andddd I don't know if that's a good idea 😂 

Honestly I have sooo many things to say and I want it recorded in any writing–cewah macam artis hiks. But then I have sooo little time. Also, no one blogs anymore today. So "bebel" myself alone here sounds like a good idea. Anyway, I have been planning (trying) to blog for the past two years darling and my mission always failed! Haha. 

But then I'll try :) Since it's ramadhan, all of a sudden getting all the motivation thingy–lah happened to me. So typical me *yawn! 

Well, I have been blogging since 2007–2008 (can't remember anymore) back then, blogging thingy was hype. And honestly I still do love blogging until today. 

I don’t know if you noticed but the vibe when you expose your life in social media vs blogs is different. When you post your daily thoughts or routines on social media, you kinda feel like you are being judged and the next day you are bombarded with questions by those who happen to see your post in ig/fb. I actually find it very uncomfortable. I feel like there are no freedom, you're not allowed to say anything. You are obliged to please people.

But blogging–well, I donno lah everyone who read blogs are educated enough am I rite? Anyway that's my small thoughts on social media. I think that’s why depression rates are rising through social media. 

Okay enough these rants! I told you rants at am is real. You feel like saying whatever you want and you don’t want to stop! 

It's 8th Ramadhan as of today, so Ramadhan Kareem everyone ;) This year ramadhan I have few goals.

1. Give (Sadaqah)

2. Khatam Quran & Beribadah

3. Lose weight – hehehehehe

Yes right. No don't get me wrong I am not using ramadhan as a platform to lose weight 😌 but I really do need to lose some weight! Not that I obsessed with weights haha but since my weight went up to 5kg, I'm easily fatigued and become very demanding. Too lazy to pray, emotional–jeez! I slowly turned into a monster if I don't do something about it :(

So this ramadhan is my only way untuk betulkan kembali gaya pemakanan yang telah terpesong lulz. Because frankly speaking, I really haven’t taken a healthy food in the last few years. Usually my husband and I will just eat what comes to mind–you know what it is; junk food, chicken wings, buntut chicken, sausages and nuggets. Newlywed life biasalah, don't judge meee

SO HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT DURING RAMADHAN? 

I read other blogs and I emulate a few of them and my own way. Let's go.

Source: SevenPie


1. Iftar:
Let's start with iftar. This Ramadan, my husband and I decided not to buy too much food at the bazar. We only berbuka with some kueh-mueh, and kurma (a must! this fruit will balance your body from gastric etc) and pekena hot coffee pergh nikmat... And that's it. Well it makes your tummy full, just nice. Few years back when I berbuka with rice, it made my body rasa "lemas" and I couldn’t focus on my taraweeh after that. After discussing and examining our simple iftar routine with the husband, we seemed more comfortable with this way. Thus, I have to say no to Ramadhan buffet this year. Because I know I am going to eat a lot of rendang this raya. Make sense tak.


2. Sahur:
I will have 3–7 dates for Sahur, crackers or something to bite, if you prefer to eat rice please go ahead it is totally fine, as long as you know and track your own calories. You may light up the meal with a hot cup of coffee, or just mineral water. Sometimes I will make susu kurma (which we sell during ramadhan 💖) the drink kept me full all day without any side effects. 

That's about it. Very simple huh yet need focus and discipline haha. ANDDDD for the record, I just lost 3kg *after I checked today. Meaning I lost 3kg in 8 days? So I have another 3kg to go to get my ideal weight. Not only that, I managed to read the Quran-10 pages per day with energy alhamdulillah. Khatam quran goals!

Wish me luck and wish you luck x



Comments